Active for over 90 years, SIRM is one of the leading companies in Telecommunications, Navigation and Safety and Security (GMDSS) and advanced Information Technology solutions.
SIRM Italia is the new company that intends to enhance the historical heritage of experience and skills acquired over time to support the safety of navigation in over ninety years of history.
SIRM Italia has its headquarters in Naples, one of the main Italian and Mediterranean ports and local offices in the most important ports in Italy and a network of partners able to cover the main world navigation routes. (more info on territorial offices).
Thanks to the participation of HYA HOLDING in the capital of SIRM UK Marine Ltd. (www.sirm.co.uk), the company has the opportunity to better serve the customers climbing in the UK ports, thanks to the 14 territorial offices and the competence and professionalism of one of the most consolidated realities of the sector, founded in 1900 by Marconi under the name Marconi Maritime International Company.
Thanks to its history, SIRM Italia has the resources and knowledge to supply, install and support a wide range of products, also thanks to partnerships with leading manufacturers worldwide such as JRC, Cobham, Intellian, Aphatron and many other brands of reference for the maritime sector. As an independent company, SIRM Italia always offers the best product to satisfy the customer’s needs in relation to the type of ship and navigation areas.
SIRM Italia, thanks to the quality of its offer and technical service, has developed excellent relationships with customers, suppliers and government agencies in the sector and thanks to the continuous investments in marketing, research and training, the company is able to follow customers in the choice of the best solution for their ships, integrating the offer with an exceptional after-sales service.
SIRM ITALIA VALUE PROPOSITION
GMDSS & Navigation
(VSAT & MSS)
Cloud Solutions and System Integration
SIRM Italia is authorized by the Ministry of Economic Development to act as Account Authority (AAIC) with the identification ‘IU02’ and to offer merchant ships the services of:
- complete management of radio stations and all accessory equipment required by current regulations (GMDSS);
- the Shore Based Maintenance (SBM) service for A1/A2/A3 navigation areas.
- Traffic and connectivity solutions, identifying the best solution in relation to the customer’s communication needs among the different technologies available Inmarsat Fleet Broadband, VSAT (Ku/KA/C), Iridium, Orbcomm.
The company, in addition to offering complete support in terms of sales and assistance for all the Navigation (Radar, ECDIS, Gyro, GPS), Communication (VHF/SSB radio equipment, Inmarsat SatC, Fleetbroadband, VSAT in KU/KA/C band) and Security (VDR,Epirb), is able to offer integrated solutions and technological services for satellite telecommunications, by pooling its knowledge of the needs of customers in the reference market, knowledge of the regulations governing the sector, the system of relations with the main brands in the sector and technological expertise, based on the most modern ICT paradigms of cloud computing, define “value added services”.
Innovative solutions include
- Managed VSAT Platform (platform for managing multi-channel satellite connectivity and capable of enabling basic services such as VPN, VoIP, Managed Network Security, IP acceleration, etc.);
- Fleet Operations Center solutions in the cloud that integrate in a single technology platform applications for fleet tracking & monitoring, route management and marine weather forecasting, decision support systems / advanced reporting and remote telemetry and navigation data;
- Crew & Passenger Welfare solutions (Integrated systems for the management and pricing of telephone and data services for passengers and crew, and on-board multimedia services);
- ECDIS training services and elearning distance learning solutions for maritime personnel.
The offer portfolio of traditional and Value added services makes SIRM Italia one of the most innovative and technologically advanced companies on the national and international scene. This solutions portfolio is constantly evolving, thanks to the constant investment in research and development in order to identify new solutions capable of providing an efficient and effective response to the needs of the reference market.
SIRM ITALIAalso has the approval of the main classification bodies for the conduct of GMDSS Radio Surveys and VDR/S-VDR Annual Performance Testing and LRIT test.
SIRM ITALIA is a member of:
CIRM – Comité International Radio-Maritime
The International Propeller Clubs
The quality system of SIRM is certified according to ISO 9001: 2015.
Download our company profile – SIRM Company profile